Comments by Eric M
16 Jan. 07
Thank you Bala, Rifky, Delano and Chaman for the great photos and
accounts of the Reunion. We unfortunate expatriate guys have to depend
on your accounts and pix to at least vicariously enjoy the party. So
everyone who was there - write in with your perspectives on the
re-union. The more the merrier. They can all be filed in the Blog to
make great memories for posterity. We haven't heard from the other
guys living abroad, probably because they are too disappointed to
write.
Bala, I know what you mean by being disappointed that there was no
video. I sent e-mails and made phone calls asking that a video be
made, so those who weren't there could purchase one. As you say, it
would have been nice to have Woutersz and everyone else on video.
Sam has been suspiciously silent ever since the re-union. I figured he
was busy wring a long account of the party, but he just sent an e-mail
saying he is sick. I am sure he will eventually get around to writing
a great account of the re-union. I am very, very sorry that Sam our
leader had the sheer bad luck to get sick at just the wrong time and
miss Omar's son's wedding. Don't worry Sam, it could be worse. At
least you did not end up in hospital like me. Get well soon!
Best wishes,
Eric

1 Comments:
Eric,
It was so thoughtful of you to have picked up the
phone and talked to each and everyone of us on 5th.
The timing was so perfect and in the din i could not
talk much and moreover i was so excited. Pardon me for
this.I hope you will understand.
I was seeing Rifky,Moine,Rafil, Habeebullah,
Woutersz,Aziz, Kern,Zarook,Sala and Mahamood after 40
years and the rest after a few years.You will be
surprised to hear that there were not many takers for
the hard drinks and that was really something to be
happy about. True Royalists!! Ofcourse there were a
couple of Guzzlers, who can be excused as it was a
real occasion for celebration.
Everyone looked happy and why not? Itwas a rare
occation no doubt. Moine and Omer literally took us
to the class room in the sixties.We saw everyone in
action and what really surprised me was it looked as
if nothing has changed in us over the years,when all
of us met together that day.Even our physique, as
Rifky has said has not changed much and all are
identifiable.Sam's B'day cake was cut and we all sang
the B'day song for the man who richly deserved it.I
was lucky to be served the 1st piece by Mrs.Fi.
Hard luck Jawahar!! I heard that you did not get to
taste this cake.
At the wedding, it was a different story altogether.
All our guys were seated like responsible fathers and
husbands. It was a real treat to watch them all with
their families.
Yes, you have really missed something and i hope you
and the rest who did not make it will be there in
2011.
Cheers,
Bala
Post a Comment
<< Home