Royal Groupies - 1961

A virtual space for the Royal College 1961 group to vent, rant and rave...and of course communicate. (if you need help in Blogging, go to Basic Blogging given in the link below)

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Sri Lanka ..from way up....

Contributed by Eric M.



1 Comments:

Blogger Royal 1961 Groupies said...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eric Manny
Date: Apr 29, 2006 9:43 PM

29 April 06

As Bala says, most of the guys are unrecognizable, except those I met six years ago. Were these photos taken at the annual reunion during the Royal-Thomian? I am assuming Zarani took the photos. Lucky you guys have a professional photographer to do that.

Mr. Thambapillai once said, "Sarani, you should change your name to Barani!"
Well, I'm glad you changed your name to Zarani instead. 'Photos by Zarani'has a nice professional ring to it. Of the guys I met in the photos ( Sam,Omar, Zarani, Izazadeen, Moosa, Moin, Navroze), it appears like 2 have gained weight, 2 have lost weight, 2 have lost more hair, 2 look about the
same, one looks older. Navroze looks younger an slimmer.

I thought Mazhar was Delano. He looks better than when we were in school.
Also thought Omar was Sam. Must be a resemblance, since they are cousins.
One guy I thought looks like a local politician is the one Delano said the cannibals in Fiji would love! One looks like an Indian business tycoon. I never would have known that the kindly old gent with the gray hair was
Firoze. (Don't feel insulted that I call you old Firoze, since we are all the same age. And a lot of grey hair is better than hardly any hair at all, like some of us.) But I still think the poster boy for our group is Chaman.

Good that Sam is sending Playboy photos. Can't leave it all to Chaman. But my favourite is still the one Imtiaz sent. Nice idea to combine the model's photo with captions on the class photos, Rifky. You say Moosa looks like
he's visually raping the girl, and Rafil says he looks like he's just seen a 'Pusa',
Do you mean 'Pussy', Rafil? (Don't worry, Moosa has no e-mail, so he can't read this!) By the way Rafil, can you arrange a discount with DHL if us guys who live abroad want to send our leader Sam some books?

Don't worry, my time is coming soon. Then you can laugh at my photo too whenI send it!

Best wishes,

Eric

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home